Sunday, November 24, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!!

I am truly thankful to be alive and well. Thirteen years ago on a rainy Thanksgiving morning my family and I headed to Birmingham, Ala to have a feast with my husband's aunt and cousins. We had a "Great Entanglement with a guardrail" (my husband calls it) when a tire blew and we hit the guardrail on the interstate. Instead of rolling over we slid down the rail and eventually rode up on top of the guardrail. We continued to bounce a ways down the rail, puncturing the gas tank which caught the car on fire. When we stopped, the fire subsided long enough for my family to get out safely, all except me! I was slow and somehow caught on fire when I jumped out. I was burned over 15 percent of my body and was taken to the Augusta Burn Center. I was lucky to have fine doctors on duty and I am fine now. I still hurt occasionally due to some nerve damage but nothing like I did. That is what I am thankful for every Thanksgiving!!

Those of you who teach this week- Please remember "It's a GREAT time for those art projects which can also be used for review work!" Mizz Mac
www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Mizz-Macs-Eay-Leafy-Fall-Art-Projects-862114

No comments:

Post a Comment