Sunday, December 15, 2013

Weather, Holidays, and Children's art projects

The sun is actually shining here in the south! It rained so hard yesterday. My house is in the city and we still had 2 bucks walk through the yard after the big storm! I do have neighbors with  about 50 woodsy acreage so I suppose that's where the deer live. So tomorrow the children will be anxious and ready to run, but here they won't be able to because of soaking wet playgrounds. Let's get out the art supplies and the art games. One of the indoor activities I like to do the week before the Holidays is to show my art history movies. Most of my students are exhausted from all of the crafts done in their classrooms with the room mom. I found this week to be a good time to show calm informational movies about artists and their lives. The subject matter the artists primarily did in the movies would relate to the subject matter of the art projects in January. For instance I would show a movie to second graders about Edward Degas and his ballerina paintings. Several of the little girls in my school take ballet and are in the Nutcracker. In January we would learn how to draw full figures and draw chalk drawings of our friends as models dancing. Mizz Mac

No comments:

Post a Comment