Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Easter and Overlapping Eggs






Several years ago I had a problem. My principal didn't want any more Easter Eggs hunts or religious oriented art or crafts. What to do?  I was teaching in a private school and most of the children had come up to the elementary school through  the preschool who had Easter Egg Hunts. What did I do? I had kept several oval shaped cardboard inserts from small mats I had used to mat another art project. I took the oval and taught the perspective principle of overlapping shapes to show one in front of the other, making overlapping ovals. We colored with markers and made a variety of line and shape patterns. I never called the lesson "Overlapping Eggs", but if you like the idea, the directions are in the following group of art lessons on my teachers pay teachers store and posted on Make it Work Molly blog.
www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Mizz-Macs-Easy-Artsy-Easter-and-Spring-Art-Projects-k-5-577032
www.makeitworkmolly.com

No comments:

Post a Comment