Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Sunshine, Sunflowers, and Vincent van Gogh for back to school


When I was driving down the Golden Isle parkway this summer on my way to Saint Simons Island, I saw a field full of beautiful sunflowers. I also saw on Facebook a posting about a beautiful field of sunflowers in Bolingbroke. These two sightings inspired my compilation of four art lessons based on Vincent van When I was driving down the Golden Isle parkway this summer on my way to Saint Simons Island, I saw a field full of beautiful sunflowers. I also saw on Facebook a posting about a beautiful field of sunflowers in Bolingbroke. These two sightings inspired my compilation of four art lessons based on Vincent van Gogh’s Sunflower painting. Here is a portion of one of the lessons:
      Look at your sunflower. What would you draw first? A Circle for the center? What would you draw next? Ovals for petals?
      Draw a minimum of 5 flowers on your paper with a pencil.
      Color brightly with crayons or oil pastels. No white spots of paper can show on the flowers!
      Outline the flowers with black oil pastel or crayon.
      Paint the white background of your paper with light colors of watercolor.


You can find the whole package of lessons including an introduction to Vincent bio page, photographic examples, and a simple art assessment in my store at:

No comments:

Post a Comment